Could You Benefit From a Hearing Aid
How your ENT specialists in Montgomery, AL, can help with hearing loss
Hearing loss can sneak up on you. All you may notice is having to turn up the television or radio just a little bit, or being a bit lost in certain conversations. All of these issues are easy to ignore, but they could be early signs of hearing loss. Fortunately, choosing a hearing aid can help.
Dr. Wallace C. Vaughan, Jr. and Dr. C. Elliott Morgan at Central Alabama ENT Associates in Montgomery, AL, can help with hearing loss. They offer a wide range of ENT services, including hearing aids to help you hear what you’ve been missing.
You can benefit from a hearing aid if you are experiencing:
- Hearing only muffled speech and sounds
- Having problems separating words from background noise
- Needing people around you to speak more loudly and slowly
- Wanting to isolate yourself because of hearing problems
There are many types of hearing aids for you to choose from. Consider:
- CIC hearing aids, which fit completely in your ear canal; are the most discreet hearing aid and don’t have a directional microphone or volume control.
- ITE hearing aids, which fit in your ear by looping over your outer ear; they are more visible than CIC hearing aids and have volume control.
- BTE hearing aids, which fit behind your ear and loop over the top of your ear; these are the largest hearing aids and provide excellent sound quality.
- Cochlear implants are another hearing aid option and are an excellent choice for severe hearing loss. They compensate for the parts of your ear that aren’t working correctly.
You deserve to live your best life, and that includes hearing well. You don’t want to miss out on the sounds of your beautiful life. To learn more about the benefits of hearing aids and which type might be best for you, call Dr. Wallace C. Vaughan, Jr. and Dr. C. Elliott Morgan of Central Alabama ENT Associates in Montgomery, AL, at (334) 277-0484. Call now!