Posts for tag: medication
Are you struggling with bothersome allergy symptoms? Here at Central Alabama ENT Associates in Montgomery, AL, Dr. Wallace Vaughan, Jr. and Dr. C. Elliott Morga offer state-of-the-art care to diagnose and treat disorders of the ears, nose, throat, head, and neck. Here are 5 such ways to manage your allergies.
1. Take medication: There are several types of allergy drugs available to alleviate your allergy symptoms. These allergy medications include decongestants, antihistamines, and others. Some allergy medications combine a decongestant with an antihistamine. Examples include fexofenadine-pseudoephedrine (Allegra-D) and loratadine-pseudoephedrine (Claritin-D).
2. Get allergy shots: Allergy injections help the human body get used to the substances that trigger allergic reactions. Each allergy injection contains a small amount of the substances that are causing your symptoms. Allergy shots are not a cure, but in time, you may not have allergy symptoms as often.
3. Close the doors and windows: It’s a beautiful day, but if the pollen count is high, keep the doors and windows closed to protect your indoor air. Despite the desire to breathe in fresh air, an open door or window invites a lot of pollen into your house. You can also install a HEPA filter on your HVAC system.
4. Eat a healthy diet: There’s no doubt that a healthy diet is good for the body. In fact, those who eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables have fewer allergy symptoms, due to the natural anti-inflammatory effects and antioxidants present in these foods.
5. Use a nasal rinse: If you are looking for a solution to nasal challenges, a nasal rinse can help. Rinsing your nasal passages with a saline solution is a quick, effective, and inexpensive way to relieve nasal congestion. Nasal rinses clean allergens and irritants from the nose, reducing their impact. You can buy nasal rines at a pharmacy, or you can make your own at home.
Call our Montgomery Office Today
Experience life the way it was meant to be. Call Central Alabama ENT Associates at (334) 277-0484 right now to schedule an appointment in Montgomery, AL. Our allergy treatments can change your life!